Friday, December 24, 2010

A Time For Tradition

One of my goals with this blog has been to try and change myself to become more of the person I want to be but at this time of year, I am reminded of  some of great things that I hope will never change.  We all have our traditions that we grow to depend on and I am extremely thankful for mine.
There is Christmas Eve day spent with the cousins and the night celebration with the neighbors followed by midnight mass and the post church after party.  Christmas day is brunch and Pollyanna gifts with the family.  August brings the Jersey Shore and the same beach house that we have been renting since I was a kid.  September, October, and November are all about PSU football which includes the Saturday tailgates in the usual spot with my Penn State Family.  Father’s Day is the girls’ dance recital.  Thanksgiving means going to Jersey and getting to enjoy the feast prepared by the Maloney men.  There is Black Friday shopping with my mom and Aunt Gale (now Uncle John) and the Christmas week shopping trip with Sean and Brian.
These are just a few of the many great traditions in my life that I hope I will always be able to hold on to.  They are comforting and something to look forward too.  We all have the things in our lives that remain the same regardless of time or life changing.  These traditions are important and help contribute to who we are. 
For all of you enjoying your traditions this holiday season, I hope you remember to value these moments.  Too often we take them for granted because they happen year after year but it’s so important to remember that when life is constantly changing, some things simply remain the same. 
"Preserving tradition has become a nice hobby, like stamp collecting." Mason Coolney

No comments:

Post a Comment