Thursday, March 10, 2011

Birthday Redo

So my birthday was Monday and it pretty much came and went. To be honest, if it wasn’t for all the facebook messages, I wouldn’t have even known it was my birthday. I had a sixteen candles, Molly Rigwald, invisible kind of day. The problem is that I ended my bday alone, passing out in the middle of night from pure over worked exhaustion and Molly got a birthday cake and Jake Ryan. Wouldn’t life be so much better if it were like the movies?


Well lucky for me I get a bday redo over the next few days. I doubt that it will end like a John Hughes movie but I’m sure it will be a great time with the people I care about the most. To be honest, it doesn’t matter what the day, as long as you have amazing people in your life who care about you, every day is special.

This year on my bday redo I’m thankful for the people in my life. I’m happy to have such a wonderful family and I’m lucky to have the most amazing friends in the world. Turning 29 with people who could care less about me sucked but being 29 with the people who are my world is better than anything I ever could have imagined.

Birthdays are all about wishes and wants. What gifts you want for your day or what you wish for when you blow out the candles on your cake. I already admitted that I made a wish this year but the more I think about it, who needs wishes when you have everything you could ever want. Sure there may always be things that I will want in life but I am very aware of all I have and I’d say I’m pretty lucky. 

Jake: “Happy birthday, Samantha. Make a wish.”
Samantha: “Well, it already came true.”
-Sixteen Candles

No comments:

Post a Comment