Saturday, April 23, 2011

What's Meant To Be

Lately, so much of my life is up in the air that I am really having a hard time juggling it all and trying to put the pieces in order.  It’s almost overwhelming at times but I keep coming back to one simple idea.  Fate.
Fate, according to Wikipedia, refers to destiny, an inevitable course of events.  Basically, what is meant to be will be.  Sounds like a pretty passive way to go about your life but still it can be comforting to know that somewhere out there in the universe, there is a plan for you and we are all just trying to locate the blueprint.
Some people find it really hard to believe in the idea of “meant to be”.  To believe that this theory actually exists means that you would have to release control of your life and let the world take you where you are "meant" to go.  As a society we are often too wrapped up in the idea of needing to be in control everything that the thought of being so passive seems insane.  Despite the fact that I definitely like to take control in life, I am actually really ok releasing my life to the fates.
My life is going somewhere.  Where, I have no idea but I am going to figure all this out in a way that I wouldn’t normally go about things.  My natural reaction would be to weigh all the aspects of a decision.  Write about, pro/con list it, and basically drive everyone in my life completely crazy by over obsessing about it to the point where I even annoy myself.  You never would have guessed that, huh?  Well this time, I’m rolling the dice and letting fate take hold. 
Maybe we all ultimately make our own fate or maybe there is a force out there in the world that is pulling the strings for us but regardless I’m hoping that the right path will appear and in the end, I will find myself exactly where I am meant to be.  This may all be a bit cryptic right now but as soon as I have some more definites, you all will be the first to know.
“Fate only takes you so far, then it’s up to you to make it happen.” - Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment