Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Checking Off The List

Outside, the rain teemed down from the sky like sheets of water falling from above.    Inside, the down pour seemed a million miles away but a different kind of flood filled the halls of the building.  A shiver from the chill of the air conditioning mixed with the overwhelming excitement went up my spine as I found myself immersed in a sea of orange.   A massive amount of energy filled the oversized room creating a surge of pure natural electricity so powerful that if harnessed it would light the entire city.   You could hear the beating of nervous hearts perfectly in sync with the seconds ticking off the clock as we got closer and closer to the start of the battle.  The lights dimmed.  A brief moment of anticipating silence was shattered by the overpowering roar of the crowd that echoed off the walls of the arena.  Let the hoopla began.  Welcome to playoff hockey.
Saturday, down in the series 1-0 to an underrated Buffalo Sabers team, the Philadelphia Flyers took to the ice.  I was there.   I had never been to a playoff anything and I finally had my chance.  Looks like I can cross one more thing off my list.  Oh and they won J
“Every day is a great day for hockey.” – Mario Lemeiux

No comments:

Post a Comment