Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Wherever Life Takes Me

Ok so pretty much you’ve gotten the picture that I do believe a year can change you.  If you commit to it, you can be different or at least get yourself to a better place.  I think I’m in the best place possible right now simply because I am happy where I’m at, however, I do believe that even though you reach a certain point, you have to continue to evolve as time goes on. So with that being said, I go back to my inevitable question: What happens now?
Now that I’ve reached the end of my year long journey, what do I do next?  Personally I know that I will keep evolving but do I keep writing about it?  Or maybe I should just work on doing things my own without putting it all out there?  And of course there is the idea of setting another goal and changing my focus.  So many options to choose from!
Well after a lot of thought, I’ve decided on this.  I’m going to keep going and I’m going keep writing about it without any restrictions or deadlines or major goals.  The theme will be the same but I’m just going to keep moving forward and the life take me where it may.  I will still be working to be the best version of myself and striving to achieve the things I want to but I’m doing it more as a way of life rather than a goal to achieve now.   Whatever happens and whatever comes my way is what you’ll see.
I decided to do this because this past year has been exciting and I wouldn’t mind having another one like that but I’m not the same person I was a year ago so repeating the same process is kind of counterproductive.  As I thought about what I could do next, I couldn’t help but see that I had so much in the works already.   In this upcoming year, I and most of my friends will turn twenty ten and embark on a whole new decade of our lives.  I am in three weddings, have 5 trips on the calendar already, and I am taking on more than I’ve ever had at work including several new duties that are allowing me to gain experience and new skills in areas I’ve never been involved in.  I have so many things that I still want to go for and that I would like to do that I don’t see why I should stop recording it.  Periodically, I will check in with where I’m at and at any point if I feel I’m done, I’m done but for now, I’m not quite there yet.  
Overall it looks like there are a lot of great things coming down the road for me so if you want to continue to follow where I end up, then keep reading.  And if you don’t then thanks for following my journey thus far.  I hope that your life is everything you want it to be and not what “they” tell you it should be.  If it’s not, then use me as motivation to get there.   Throw your plan out the window and start seeing how amazing life can be without any expectations holding you down.
"Well, life's like a road that you travel on, there's one day here and the next day gone.  Sometimes you bend, sometimes you stand, sometimes you turn your back to the wind.  There's a world outside every darkened door, where blues won't haunt you anymore.  For the brave and free and lovers soar, come ride with me to the distant shore.  We won't hesitate, to break down the guarding gate.  There's not much time left today." - Life is a Highway, Rascal Flatts

No comments:

Post a Comment