Sunday, December 18, 2011

8 Sorority Girls

There are periods of time in all our lives that will stand out when we look back on the experiences we’ve had.  For me, the time spent in my sorority in college definitely falls into that category.  There are a lot of wonderful things about Greek Life during your college years but for me, almost 8 years after graduation, the best part of having pledged a sorority has to be the 8 girls I still call my closest friends.  So today on the 8th day of Christmas, I am thankful for my 8 sorority sisters who I could most definitely not live without.
I would say that you are extremely lucky if you have a group of friends that you know will always be a part of your life.  No matter what you do or where you go, these are the people who will still be there for you no matter what.  They share in the good times, listen to you cry when you need to, and pick you up during the bad times.  While you may not see them every day, they are the faces in picture frames in your house, the most called numbers in your cell phone, and the main characters in the stories you tell.  Good friends are important to have but great friends are an incredible gift.
2012 is actually going to be a huge year for our little group.  Several are getting married, some might be expanding their families, and others are facing some major life decisions.  It’s exciting to know that for every step of the way, we all be there to witness the greatness in each other’s lives.  So this Christmas, there may be some presents under your tree but don’t forget to say thank you for the greatest gift that you can get from someone and that is their friendship.

No comments:

Post a Comment