Friday, December 23, 2011

3 Weddings

2012 is the year of the wedding for me.  No you won’t see me in the big white dress just yet but rather I will be taking on Katherine Heigl’s role in the sequel to 27 dresses.  Ok maybe it’s not that drastic but today, on the 3rd day of Christmas, as I head out to shop for a bridesmaid dress for wedding #2, I think it is only fitting to devote my post to my upcoming 3 wedding year.
Next year I have three friends getting married and all three have asked me to stand up with them as they do it.  When you are asked to be in a bridal party, someone is saying that they value you and their relationship with you so much so that they want you to take a major role in what will definitely one of the biggest days of their lives.  I can’t imagine any other gesture paying a higher tribute to you as a friend.  All the planning will definitely keep me busy over the next year and it’s a huge financial commitment but at the end of the day, I am so excited and honored that they chose me for their wedding parties. 
With each person I have a very different relationship and I know that each of their weddings will be unique and special in its own way.  I will go from Teresa’s classy country club event preceded by a big hat wearing Kentucky Derby Bachelorette get-a-way, to Col’s trendy downtown affair with a Miami Beach Bachelorette Fiesta, to Kate’s sweet Suburban wedding and a beach blast Bachelorette.  I think come September when it’s all over, I will not think about all the hours I gave up planning things or the money I spent, but rather I will look back on all the wonderful experiences I had and memories I’ve made with someone my closest friends.  And whenever I start to lose my sanity along the way, I know that Erin will be the amazing friend she has always been and talk me down off the ledge J 
So on this 3rd day of Christmas, here’s to 3 really exciting occasions next year, 3 fun destination bachelorette trips, and 3 sets of amazing memories with not only the 3 brides and their 3 grooms but with many more of my favorite people in the world.  And of course we’ll do it all in the same year that we hit the big 3-0 so it looks like 3 might be my lucky number in 2012!

No comments:

Post a Comment