Thursday, January 19, 2012

Writing My Story

Well it’s been a little while since my last post and the reason for that is simply because I wasn’t sure where I was going with this blog.  To be honest, I could write a 100 more entries centered around the power of positive thinking and the motivation I have lately but that was getting a bit repetitive, so I needed for find a new focus or a theme for this year. 
Last year I talked about changing.  I wrote over and over about setting myself up to become the best version of myself at the end of my "year of change", I felt like I really had come a million miles from where I started but was that the ultimate goal?  Do we stop our journey just because our deadline has lapsed?  Do we stop striving to be the best version of ourselves?   Personally, I think I can take all this even further than I have.
Basically, I do feel that the past year put me in exactly the right place mentally and being strong mentally is essential to success.  Your thoughts or other’s thoughts and opinions can derail you.  Everything I have done has really centered on changing my thought process and changing the way I view things.  I have taken the steps to strengthen my mind and eliminate outside impact on my life.  Overall my outlook is completely clear so it’s time to take that and all the momentum it has brought to my life and use it to help in my quest to become the best version of myself.
So what does all this mean for the future of my blog?  It means that while change is good, I’ve changed and now it’s time to leave that idea behind.  Last year I needed to figure out what it is that I really want and change who I had been in order to get to where I want to go.  Now it’s time to evolve and grow into whom it is that I determined I wanted to become.  In my first post to this blog, I said I wanted to stop living my life by everyone else’s rules and start writing my own.  Now that I know what I want, its time to start developing my own set of rules and writing my story according to me.
“You can never solve a problem with the same kind of thinking that created the problem in the first place.” - Albert Einstein

No comments:

Post a Comment